I exist to share stories that create impact.
Marketing and brand strategist with nearly a decade of design experience, bringing an arsenal of tools developed across diverse sectors to drive results and create meaningful impact. Passionate problem solver who exists to discover, develop, and share stories that inspire change.
2015 – 2016 • Baltimore, MD
Clients: Mr. Roof, Louis Jadot BMV, Susan G. Komen Maryland, Toolbank USA.
Secondary support: AMES, SECU, IOCC, Dewalt
Took Mr. Roof to the big leagues – oversaw their visual brand relaunch and seasonal campaign resulting in a wildly successful roofing season and an improved public image.
Revamped Komen Maryland’s 2015 campaign raised nearly 1m in donations and an incredible amount of press coverage.
Curated Louis Jadot brand voice and lead a cross functional creative team, developing visual guidelines and social strategy that reached thousands, increasing engagement on their social pages.
Sharp Dressed Man
2015 – 2016 • Baltimore, MD
Sharp Dressed Man is a Baltimore non-profit providing quality recycled suits and business wear to local men who are transitioning into the work force after experiencing homelessness, incarceration, or other life challenges. Sharp Dressed Man has suited over 900 men all working towards improving their lives and recycled almost 4,000 pounds of clothing since September 2015.
First staff member of a non-profit shifting from volunteer passion project to funded organization.
- Authored agency vision and narrative.
- Steered organization through major operational crisis.
- Demonstrated organizational leadership, building a diverse team of board members, staff, and volunteers.
- Created multiple agency partnerships, tripling program capacity.
- Established policy and procedure to streamline operations and internal structure.
Marketing and Development:
- Developed funding plan for sustainability.
- Raised~ $50,000 in individual, corporate giving and grant support.
Velvet Hammer Branding
2013 – 2015 • Cincinnati, OH (remote)
Client lead for PEAK Automotive (Old World Industries)
manage day to day communication, build and strengthen client relationships, facilitating direction and details for projects stay on strategy, on time, and within budget.
- Create proposals and oversee dozens of projects in various scope and scale for print, package, research, and overall advertising strategy.
Create weekly status reports, call and meeting reports, and maintain communication with internal team, clients, and vendors to ensure expectations are exceeded.
Copywriting, art direction, brand strategy, assistant account management for Hefty, ThermaCELL Tenzing, Plano, Flyover Studios, and other local accounts.
Manage internal scheduling and timeline across boutique branding firm.
2012 – 2013 • Cincinnati, OH
Client management for 5 brands: ArtsWave, Procter & Gamble Dermatology, US Playing Card Company, Cincy USA Regional Chamber, United Way.
Researched, implemented, trained staff on project management tool, increasing productivity and deadline transparency across departments.
Led creative strategy for ArtsWave 2013 campaign that raised $11.5 million in community contributions to the arts in Cincinnati.
2010 – 2012 • Cincinnati, OH
Absorbed an additional position into existing responsibilities 6 months on the job.
Managed agency and creative contractors for outside marketing collateral.
Created over 100 designs for print and web, maintaining and elevating brand standards.
Doubled online reach and brand awareness through social media channels, writing, and marketing campaigns.
Other duties included:
- grant writing and research
- community relations
- spear-heading YP group
2009 – 2012 • Cincinnati, OH
Staff writer and day-to-day operations manager for www.UrbanCincy.com – an urban issues site pertaining to Cincinnati’s urban core.
Managed a team of writers, assigning story leads, editing content, illustrating stories as well as research and additional writing.
Work featured in the Business Courier digital and print edition as well as Soapbox Cincinnati in the Development News section.
Marketing and Design Strategist
Independent Marketing & Design Strategist
2009 – Present • Baltimore | Cincinnati
Notable Clients: Baltimore Fashion Alliance, Moby Dick House of Kabob, Ahalogy, Naturebox, Smuckers, Footpetals, Christian Moerlein, Formica Corporation, Taste of Belgium
- Let’s find a creative solution to your problem together.
- Storytelling, brand development, design and promotion for local and national brands.
- Independent brand strategy and development, graphic design, social media management and consulting, public relations support and research, journalism and content creation.